As you may know, DHEA is well known to reduce body fat, it also helps raising metabolism. With high metabolism, calories are burnt faster and more efficiently. Not only it leads to losing weight, but also keeps the pounds at bay. While DHEA offers tons of health benefits, low dosage is recommended to start with.
Before taking even a little quantity, consult the nutritionist or the doctor for prescription. Since every person’s body has its own immunity and resistance levels, the dosage varies accordingly. When the body adapts, increase the amount over several months and get better results.
For 25 year olds, 40 to 70 milligrams of DHEA is suggested to be taken in small doses. Never go for high dose for the sake of getting fast results or else your health will be concerned. While there are so many chemists and doctors selling DHEA supplements, chances are high that you get a fake product. To prevent this, make sure to buy from a reputed and licensed doctor for authenticity.
DHEA is available in chewing gum, tablets, capsule, tongue drops, and skin cream, buy the one which suits you best. Because, there are contaminated products available in the market, choose wisely or else it will not show the desired results. Here is the suggested dosage for different diseases other than weight loss:
- 20 to 50 milligrams of DHEA supplements are safe for people over the age of 30, according to the National Institute of Health. Less is always better, remember that.
- For certain disorders such as lupus and depression, high dose of approximate 200 to 500 milligrams is prescribed. Again, consult the doctor before taking such high dosage.
- 25 milligrams twice a day for 6 weeks works miracles for depression, cognitive decline and schizophrenia.
- For bone density and bone healing, 50 to 100 milligrams is recommended if taken daily.
- 25 to 50 milligrams per day is recommended for vaginal dryness and erectile dysfunction.
If taken in excess quantity, DHEA can really tumble down your health, rather than improving it. Since it doesn’t have the same effects on everyone, it is important to follow your doctor’s prescription to get good results. People below 30 should not consume DHEA supplements because they can produce their own DHEA. However, taking DHEA can elevate the symptoms of fertility problems, irregular periods, facial hair growth, acne, and testosterone.
While the above mentioned dosage is mentioned by the experts, they prohibit taking DHEA in pregnancy or breastfeeding. Even if a woman is trying to conceive, it is best to take doctor’s advice. Moreover, women getting the treatment for breast cancer should not take it at any cost, however.
You might face headache, acne, irregular heartbeat, fatigue, nasal congestion, and abnormal menstrual cycles if you are taking excess quantity of DHEA. The very common side effect of high dosage of DHEA leads to insomnia and bad mood swings. However, for best results, take the suggested dose only.