How Wheatgrass Powder is Made?
After understanding the key benefits of wheatgrass, we are sure that you would want to add it more in your routine life. Well, this ingredient can be used in couple of recipes, not just the juice but to make smoothies or salads, etc. You can easily prepare wheatgrass powder at home.
To begin with, you should start by soaking the wheat grains overnight in water. You have to decide whether or not you would like to use soil for the growth of wheatgrass or not. There are a couple of reasons why people like to use soil for the wheatgrass cultivation at home.
For starters, if a plant is fed with more nutrients from outside, it is sure to be equipped with more nutrients inside. It is a straightforward trade. Just like with us humans, if we take good and healthy diet, we are more energetic and resourceful. Identically, soil provide the finest nutrition to the plant that without soil cultivation can never give.
Also, there is rapid harvest of wheatgrass if you use the soil, unlike the substitute method. The initial harvest however is the sweetest. If you are growing wheatgrass without using soil then the prime focus should be on rinsing through the grains many times in a day. On the contrary, in case of soil incorporation, simply put some water on the soil, set it damp, add the grains and put it in a sunny spot for the grains to grow.
You have to keep monitoring the grass in its growth period. Once it is 4 – 6 inches long and is split in various strands then this means its time for the harvest. It does not take more than 8 – 10 days. If you cut it a little way up then this will boost the new growth. It will also prevent any possible problem of mould that might be occurring near the wheat grains or soil.
One more thing that you should know about this process is that the wheatgrass takes minimal space in the pot. You can also easily grow it inside a wall hung planter to safe space and it will also an element of beauty in your house.
Now, simply rinse the harvested wheatgrass and lay it on the dehydrator tray for drying purpose. It is important to position it in thinner layers so that the grass can dry out swiftly.
If you don’t possess a dehydrator then you can also carry forward the process by using oven. Try using the machine on the lowest heat so that the grass doesn’t get hampered inside. While there is also a conventional method of drying the grass i.e. by setting it in open sunlight but this might take few days for the grass to become completely dry.
Once the grass is completely dry, you can run it in the blender and make nice powder to use it in your daily recipes. If you have a coffee grinder then prefer using it for finer grounds of the grass.
In this piece, we will cover the scrumptious recipes that you can make from wheatgrass. These glasses of juice are full of nourishment and good health.
1. Wheatgrass with Pineapple Juice
You can count this as one of the most convenient recipes in the list because it is less demanding on the number of ingredients and yet has the potential to serve great taste and health.
- 1 cup roughly chopped wheatgrass (you can also use wheatgrass powder)
- 6 ½ cups of roughly chopped pineapples
- 6 – 8 twiglets of mint
- Some crushed ice
All the ingredients are easily available in the market. So, you don’t have to make any struggle in finding a particular ingredient.
- It is best to make paste of each ingredient individually. You can start by putting the mint leaves and wheatgrass inside. Set it on the blender and make a thick paste.
- With the mint paste inside, now add the pineapples and run the blender again. Keep mixing it till it turns in complete liquid form.
- If you using wheatgrass leaves then add them with the mint leaves in the first step. If it’s the powder then that can be added on the last step as well.
- Now, as you see all the ingredients in liquid form, remove the blender jar and use a strainer to separate juice from the pulp.
Well, if you don’t mind consuming the pulp then we will suggest you to surely drink the juice as it is. It will be more beneficial for your health.
Note: It is important to add the wheatgrass leave in the first period because if not, it will not get completely merged and take liquid form.
2. Green Juice
Well, if you need a fibre-rich juice then this is your best alternative. Let’s see how it is made.
- A handful of organic spinach
- A cucumber
- A lemon
- ½ chopped organic apple
- Some water
- You will have to start by making paste of the following ingredients.
- Fill the blender with cucumber, spinach, and apple, wheatgrass, little water and a squeeze of lemon.
- Run the blender and make a thick paste of all the ingredients
- Store the juice in a jar or air tight bottles
Note: The juice is very helpful in boosting better digestion. Make sure you consume it with 30 minutes after juicing.
3. Red Juice- Cleanser Juice
Well, if you need something to cleanse your body then nothing goes wrong with this amazing juice made with red veggies and wheatgrass.
- 3-4 chopped carrots
- ½ roughly diced beetroot
- 2 celery sticks
- A lemon
- Handful of mint or parsley
- You can start by adding the leafy things first such as celery, wheatgrass, mint/parsley, and to make a paste, add some water.
- After the paste is made, add beetroot and carrots.
- Add more water is required.
You can manage the consistency of the juice by adding as much water as you want. You can top it all by adding a lemon. Add ice cubes and serve chilled.